Sunday, November 29, 2009

Christmas Tree Decorating.....

I usually like to get the Christmas decorations out the day after Thanksgiving. I love having them up all month, but when Christmas is over I like to take them down. It is also my tradition to get up WAY EARLY in the morning on the day after Thanksgiving to get as much Christmas shopping done as possible. This year I was up at 3 am and off the meet my sister-in-law Susie at our local Wal-Mart. I got everything I needed and felt great about being almost done with my Christmas shopping. I just have a few little odds and end things left to get.

When I got home from shopping I had intentions of going back to bed, but I guess I got my second wind because I decided to put the Christmas Tree and decorations up. Some of my nieces and a nephew had stayed the night with my boys the night of Thanksgiving sothey along with my boys helped me decorate. They were the best little helpers and we had a lot of fun decorating the house while we listened to Christmas music. I love getting into the Christmas spirit!!! I think it is one of my favorite times of year. I am worse then the kids when it comes to getting excited about Christmas!!!

(Bailey went to St. George to Katies house with Grandpa and Grandma Erickson this year for Thanksgiving, so she missed out on the tree decorating. I hope she won't be to mad that she missed out when she gets home.)

Tyus helping me put the Christmas Tree skirt under the tree


Peyton putting the first decoration on the tree



All of the kids putting their special little touches on!!
From left to right... Kaylee, Tyus, Peyton (on the chair), Jayden (in front of Peyton), and Jaycee


The final product. The kids did a great job decorating!!
Thanks guys for your help!!!

3 comments:

Kyle & Shanna said...

Good job getting all ready for Christmas so early. I'm still trying to find a place in our little apartment to store all of my Halloween decorations.

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Hey Sexy Mama, I miss you, I never see you anymore. Cute tree. Just wanted you to know how proud I am of you and your weight loss. It such a good feeling and accomplishment when you rech goals like that. You look great, but then again you always have!

Katie Call-Sommer said...

cute tree! looks good!