Saturday, January 9, 2010

Oops!!! We spelled Peyton's name wrong.

Peyton has been learning sounds and how to spell words at Kindergarten. He came home one night and informed me that we spelled his name wrong. I asked him why he thought that, and he said....
"Mom, my name is Peyt-In not Peyt-On." He was sounding it out and when he said his name it sounded like it had an I in it and not an O. I said, "Well then why isn't it spelled PAY-tin instead of PEY-tin then" He thought for a minute and said, "I don't know, I guess I didn't think of that one." For awhile he would bring papers home from school and he would spell his name Peytin on them. I finally showed him that Peyton Manning, from the Colts NFL team, spelled his name the same way that we spelled his and now he thinks it is cool to have it the same and he has gone back to spelling it the right way. SILLY BOY!!! I guess it did make sense. The English language is kind of confusing sometimes, and it is hard to explain to a very inquisitive little boy trying to learn all of the rules to the language. WHO MADE UP THE RULES ANYWAYS????

0 comments: