Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A sad day at our house...

Yesterday Chad found our dog Blaze dead at the neighbors house. Sunday night I kind of worried about him because he didn't come in for the night. Sometimes he wanders off, but usually will come in before we go to bed. Monday morning when he still was nowhere to be found I really worried about him. Chad went out looking for him and sure enough, something had happened to him. He often thought he was bigger then most dogs and seemed to challenge them to fights. This time he lost!! (We are assuming that that must have been what happened to him)

I have cussed that dog a million times for chewing on the kids toys, or peeing in the house. And now I wish that I could cuss him. The kids were so sad and we had a few tears. Ollie, our other dog just seems a little lost. He doesn't know what to do without his playmate.

This poor dog has had a rough life, and has cost us lots of money in vet bills. About a year ago he lost his right eye and then a couple months after that he got ran over and broke one of his legs. I have always thought that he wasn't going to live a long life and I guess I was right. He was only 2 1/2 years old.

We will miss you BLAZE!!!


BLAZE
BLAZE AND OLLIE

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your dog! We get so attached to them! Even the ones that you have to cuss all the time! :)

Heather said...

Poor kiddos- it is always hard when a family pet dies. So sorry.

The Herberts said...

OH, WHAT A BUMMER!! I know I cuss our little dog too, but when we were up in UT for Christmas our friends who were watching him called to say they'd lost him. Luckily he turned up, but I was worried for days about how I was going to break the news to the boys. Poor kiddies!

Megan said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erica & Benjamin said...

Oh I am sorry Tracy :(

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Oh man, he sure had nine lives. Poor thing?