Monday, August 17, 2009

The Concert of a Life Time!!!!!

George Strait Concert- Cheyenne Wyoming 2009



I was lucky enough to go to the George Strait Concert at the Cheyenne Frontier Days, with my good friend Marcy Cornia, and one of her friends from Salt Lake. It was all kind of strange how I ended up getting to go and if I told the whole story this blog entry would go one forever, so I won't go into that. All I will say is, "Thank you so much Marcy for inviting me to go with you. I had the time of my life."

We made a very quick trip to Cheyenne and didn't get much sleep. It is a good thing you can run on adrenaline for awhile, because that is what we did. I met Marcy and Candice in Evanston at 3 am (After they attended the Salt Lake George Strait Concert) and drove to Cheyenne. We did stop in Raulins for a cat nap, but a cat nap it was because Marcy had us up and moving just 1 hour after going to sleep. If anyone knows Marcy you will know that she is George Staits #1 fan. This women knows everything there is to know about George and his band, staff, family.... you name it she knows. She had mentioned to the crew the night of the Salt Lake Concert that she was following them to the Cheyenne Concert. They were so nice and actually told her that they would be at the Little America Hotel and to look them up when she got there. Yep, you guessed it!!! When we got there we headed for the Little America Hotel and sure enough all the buses were parked in the parking lot. To make a long story short, we ended up spending some time with some of the band members, the bus drivers and his security guys before the concert. We visited and took a few pictures with them before they had to leave for sound check.


Marcy wishing she could get on George's Bus !!!!


Me, Marcy, and Candice posing with George's Bus Driver, Leroy!!!

Tommy Foote (Personal Manager), Marcy and ???? (I can't remember this guys name. I think it is one of the band members. Marcy would know, she knows everybody)


We decided that we better get to the fair grounds so that we could get in line, since our tickets were general admission. We stood in line for 4 hours, but it paid off when we got right by the stage for the concert. It was such a good concert and we all had a really great time. I was really excited that Georges opening singer was Julianne Hough from Dancing With the Stars. I have followed her on that show for a few years now and I absolutely love her. She is a great dancer and now showing how great of a singer she is too.


Me, Marcy and Candice posing by the George Strait poster at the fair grounds


After the concert we ended up spending more time with George Straits crew before they had to head back home. Tommy Foote, Georges manager and Mike ??? (I don't remember his last name), a band member, were the two that we visited with the most. I think Marcy was on cloud nine the whole time and the night could have only been better if we could have visited with George Strait himself in person. He only showed his face during the concert. His bus was at the hotel, and he was on it but he didn't come off to see his fans. You can't blame the man, he would get mauled to death. His crew was great and we had a great time with them. Thanks again for a great weekend. It is one I will not soon forget.


Julianne Hough singing before George came on stage


Of course George put on a great concert and I hope I get to go back to a concert of his in the future. I hope I get to go with Marcy and Candice again too. They were both a ton of fun.

1 comments:

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Lucky Ducks, I bet you two had a ball. Marcie and old Georgy just crack me up. It looks like you had a ball.