Thursday, August 27, 2009

School has started again!!!!

Well, I think we have made it through the first week of school. What a great milestone for our family this year. Bailey, our oldest, went into the 6th grade which is the first year of middle school. She was so excited and was on a natural high when she came home Monday night. She was way excited about her classes and teachers. I hope she keeps up the positive attitude all year. She is also playing volleyball this year and loves it. They usually don't let the 6th graders play, but they don't have enough of the older kids so they get to play.

Bailey just before leaving the house to get on the bus. Doesn't she look excited!!! She thinks she is to big to get pictures taken on the first day of school. (That is just for Elementary kids) She gets on the bus at 6:50 in the morning and doesn't get home until 6:30 at night. She is so tired and hungry when she gets home. It is definitely a long day for the kids that choose to do sports after school.

Tyus is going into the 3rd grade and seems to love every minute of it. He has been all smiles since the second I sent him out the door on Monday. His teacher is Mr. Ward and so far he seems to like him. He has already brought home 4 frogs that he found while on a class walk. I also hope his excitement lasts throughout the year.

Tyus excited for his first day of 3rd grade.

Peyton, my baby, went to Kindergarten. I can't believe it!! I have been looking forward to him going as much as he has been excited to go. I have felt guilty because I have been so ready for him to go. He has been my hardest kid as far as having to entertain him all day, everyday. So it has been really hard to get anything done when the other kids have been at school and I have had to be the one to entertain him. I have really enjoyed the one on one time that I have had with him and I am really going to miss it but I am also excited for his new adventure. He didn't get to go when the other kids did on Monday, because they had to test all the Kindergarten kids individually before they could start, so his first day wasn't until Thursday. He had his testing on Monday so that was good that he at least got to go that day for a little while. I took him early enough so he could eat lunch with the kids before his test. He did a great job during his test and his teacher, Mrs. Weston, said that he was ready for Kindergarten.

Peyton getting ready to go for his test to see if he is ready for Kindergarten

Showing off his new backpack

Peyton on his "First" real day of Kindergarten

Tyus and Peyton walking to the bus (Peyton's first day of school)



Tyus and Peyton waiting at the bus stop. Tyus was so good to give Peyton advise on what to do on the bus and when he got to school. He is a great big brother that will take very good care of him if he has any trouble.


Peyton waiting patiently for the Bus


It finally came. He has been so excited to be able to ride the bus like the big kids.
I did really good with my emotions until the door or the bus closed and it pulled away. Then I got a little choked up, but I held the tears back. They just grow up way to fast!!!!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I can't brlieve Randy is still the buss driver- Awesome!

The Ericksons said...

WOW I thought my kids had a long day at school. I can't believe how long Bailey is gone.

Nelson's said...

When did Bailey get dark hair? I had to look twice at her!! She does look real excited but what do you expect she is in Jr High and way to cool for mom! Just kidding! I am excited that Bailey is playing volleyball I would love to come and watch her. Tyus and peyton look so big, I cant believe all of your kids are in school.