Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Is it Spring already????

This is of the clean up down stairs. It flooded the back side of our house. We had to move all of the furniture along the wall and pull the carpet up so that the mat under the carpet could dry.

Chad trying to get as much water out as possible

The outside clean up. As you can see our back yard is right full of water. We had to bucket the water out of the window wells and then shovel the water away from the house. Chad would haul sand in buckets to put around the windows and house to keep the water away. (Yes, I did help clean up. It wasn't just Chad like these pictures show. I am just the only one that knows how to use a camera in our house. That is why there isn't any pictures of me posted on the blog.)

Standing water in the backyard. What a mess it made!!!!!


So today I had to take Peyton to wrestling practice at 3 o'clock. I was getting ready and thought I heard water running. I went to check it out and found that it was water running into my window wells. I just about died!! It was so warm today and the snow melted so fast. I started bucketing water out of the window but it was going in way faster then I was getting it out. I decided I needed to call Chad and he came home from work to help me. We worked on getting the water away from the house for a and finally did it. We have had it happen before and we usually try to be prepared each year so that it won't happen again, but it got warm so early in the year this year that we were not prepared at all. What a mess!!! I was not excited to see how much water made it into the basement. Chad continued to clean up outside and I went to check out the damage. I pulled everything away from the wall and found a pretty wet floor. After moving everything Chad pulled up the carpet and shopvaced as much water as possible out of the carpet and mat. We now have fans blowing to try and dry it out.

Peyton did make it to wrestling practice after all thanks to Carter (Chad's cousin), and thank you Tara (another cousin) for bringing Tyus and Peyton home after practice. What would we do without family and friends??

I will never complain about not having anything to post again. It seems like I have had a ton to talk about lately. I can't even keep up with it all myself.

(I took pictures of the mess, but can't seem to find the attachment I need for my camera to get the pictures to post. I will have to put them on later.)

6 comments:

Nicole said...

I am so sorry what a mess to have to worry about already!! I hope it doesn't happen again as everthing continues to melt!! Darn!

Kyle & Shanna said...

I'm sorry. That sucks. I love it when the snow melts, but I can totally see why it's not such a good thing at times.

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Hi Trace,
I have spring fever in February, Does that seem right. Last year we had a terrible winter, and this year the weather is so weird. Well I hope everything is dried up now and back to normal.

Heather said...

That is one reason why I am glad our basement is not finished yet. I am so sorry you had to deal with that- no fun!

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

WOW< I didn't realize how much water there was that day. That is crazy. You poors things. Crazy crazy weather.

Katie Call-Sommer said...

Hey I'm glad it's starting to become spring but yet that's an awful mess you guys had!! sorry!