Sunday, February 15, 2009

My weekly post

Valentines Day





Chad and I had agreed that we weren't going to get anything for each other this year for Valentines Day, because we were going out with friends that night for a very nice dinner. I did get him a card and his favorite Reese's Peanut Butter Hearts. I thought he was going to cuss me for getting him that, but the night before I got a delivery of 2 dozen beautiful Roses. I was so surprised. He isn't all that excited about buying flowers in the first place because they just die, so I was really surprised. They are so pretty and I was so excited to get them even though we weren't going to buy anything. He does LOVE me!!!!! I love flowers and he knows that, so I'm sure that is why he doesn't mind buying me something that just dies. What a great husband I have. I love him so much. We did go out with our friends on Valentines and had a great time.


Bailey Playing the Piano

Bailey has been taking piano lessons for about 5 months. When she first started lessons she only had a keyboard to practice on. We fought her all the time to practice and she didn't like it very well. Tristi, Chad's niece, had a piano that she wasn't using, so we asked if we could borrow it until she needed it again. She gladly gave it up for awhile. Bailey has done so much better on a real piano. She actually likes to sit down and play now. I hope she keeps it up. I wish I would have!!! I know mom you always told me I would regret not doing it, and now I do. Mom's usually know best. Thanks Tristi for letting us store your piano.


Peyton's Homemade Go-Cart


The other day Peyton found a box out in our garage. He brought it in and told me that he had a great idea. I asked him what his great idea was and he told me that he wanted to make a Go-Cart. I told him that I didn't know how to make G0-Carts and he said that I needed to call Aunt Susie because she did. (He made a Go-Cart at her house awhile ago when he was staying up at her house) I decided I better just figure it out and with his help we came up with this. He decorated paper plates for the wheels and steering wheel and he colored the box. We then went through his dads tool box and got some nuts and bolts to fasten the wheels and steering wheel to the box. He did a great job building it and has had a ball playing in it. The wheels really turn and he can steer it. He just can't make it go without someone pushing it for him. So guess who gets to be the motor??? Yep, you got it....ME!!!

I don't know why we buy our kids toys. They seem to like playing in boxes the best. I think we need to just give them empty boxes and see what their creative minds come up with. It would be a lot cheaper!!!


Peyton Says the Darndest Things !!!!!

Peyton isn't the best eater. He isn't a picky eater, he just has a problem sitting down and eating until he is full. Every night right before he goes to bed he thinks he is starving to death. The other night we were getting ready for bed and he said that he was hungry. Chad told him that it was to late to eat and he needed to go to bed and he could eat breakfast in the morning. Peyton came back with... "You know Dad, if I don't eat something I will get sick and die." Chad told him that if he got sick and died that he would take the blame for it. Peyton's come back was... "If I get sick and die, I will call the cops on you." Chad told him that was fine he could call the cops if he died. What a kid!!! He went to bed without anything and he did wake up the next morning. I was so happy that he didn't die and Chad didn't get the cops called on him.

You just never know what kids are going to come up with.

5 comments:

Amanda and Kalon Downing said...

Jayken loved that box car, I'll have to make Jayken one. Its funny how they have so many toys and they like the simple things like a box. Good for Chad to Get you roses. They are so pretty. I Laugh at the things our kids say. It sure spices life up.

Kyle & Shanna said...

Your flowers are beautiful. I absolutely love flowers, and Kyle isn't a fan of buying them either but he did.

Ryan & Sue Erickson said...

Oh man...how do you rate? FLOWERS? JK You are so cute, ya both got a little something even when you decided not too...you must luv each other:) Love Peytons go kart by the way, super cute!

Heidi said...

Kids are so funny. I also wish that I would have stuck with the piano.... and paper plates for a go-kart? Who knew? Flowers are always a battle for me as well as Chris. They make me feel so good when I get them, but they do die. It is a waste of money... but I still love it! I'm glad you were surprised!

Heather said...

Looks like your valentines was great!
I found you through Nicole Martins blog- I hope you don't mind that I check in on you from time to time.
I blog too- but we are private. I would love to send you an invite if you would like- just need your e-mail.
Your family is beautiful- glad you are all happy and well ;0)!