Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Today was a good day

So does it seem like some days just don't go so well?? For our family it seems like we have had more days that haven't seemed to go so good lately. We have had a few struggles the last few weeks with many different things in our lives. I have mentioned in past posts a couple of the things that we have been tryed with..... Dogs being ran over, how to deal with peer pressure, and a very sad little boy. I am very grateful that our trials aren't major things. We are all health and happy for the most part. Our biggest trial right now is that our son Tyus is going through a really hard time. I have learned many things about him and myself through this. I hope that I can do whatever I need to to help him get back to his normal self. It has been a learning process for us all, and I have often wondered if there is ever going to be a light at the end of the tunnel. I think I actually might have seen a glimpse of it today. It was so good to hear some good news........

The day started off with a trip to the vet with our dog Blaze. This poor dog and all of his mishaps- a missing eye, and his latest, a broken leg from getting ran over. Today was the moment of truth. Did the cast work or were we going to hear that it didn't??? They checked his leg out and found that everything looked great and the break healed very well. He was suppose to have his cast on for one more week, but he was getting some sores from the cast rubbing, and it was really starting to stink. They said he was doing so well that they thought he would do better with out the cast, so they took it off as well as the cone around his neck. What a relief!!!! The poor dog. He has been such a trooper and has done very well with his situation, but you could just see it in his eyes. If he could have talked I'm sure he would have yelled a loud.... Thank you, or Finally!!!! You can just tell he is so happy to be freed of all of the annoying extras that had been a part of him for the past 6 weeks. It was so nice to just let him go out with out having to put a bag over his leg to keep his cast dry. I asked Peyton if Blaze went out and found the biggest puddle of water to jump in. He just looked at me like I was crazy, but I wanted to go find one for him to jump in. I don't know about anyone else in the house but I am tired of taking care of a crippled dog. It was a lot more work then I would have imagined. We are really glad it all worked out for the best. My kids are so attached to him and would have been devastated to not have him as a pet.

I also went to Parent Teacher Conference today for Bailey and Tyus. This can cause a little anxiety for anyone. Right??? Well I asked my kids when they got home from school today... "What kind of a report am I going to get tonight from you teachers?" Both responses were the same..... "Good reports Mom." I sure hoped they were right. I went to Tyus' teacher first and got nothing but GREAT things from her. I was so excited!!! She has been so good for Tyus and as excited as I am for school to end and to have a little break, I hate to think that she won't be his teacher next year. She has done some great things for Tyus and we both (Me and Tyus) are really going to miss her. Thanks Mrs. Hoffman your a great teacher!!!!

Off to Bailey's teacher. I am usually not to nervous for a report on her. She usually does really well in school and seems to get along well with people, but lately she is starting to get a little harder to get to do her work. Chad and I have started seeing her attitude about school and her homework change. I wasn't quite sure what to expect when I met with her teacher, but to my surprise she is doing very well. In fact she had a B on her last report card and this time her lowest grade was an A-. Her grades are better then they have been in the past and I was shocked because of the change in her attitude. Way to go Bailey!!! I am so proud of both of my kids. It is always nice to hear the positive!!!

So I hope today was a start for good things to come. It seems like when it rains it pours and lately we have had a big rain cloud over head. I am ready for the clouds to move aside and let some sun in. I love my kids so much and only want the best for them. It is so hard to see their pain. I would just love to take it all for them so they didn't have to go through it, but I know something good will come from all the heart ache that they feel. It is just a learning experience for all involved. Keep up the good work kids, and I only hope the best in all they do. I love my kiddos so much!!!!

3 comments:

Penny said...

I guess we just appreciate the good days all that much more when we have to struggle through the tough days!
I think we are all in a funk, and just want spring to be here! We are dying to go camping! Let's plan sometime to go together!

Nelson's said...

Great job guys!!! Hang in their Tracy you are a Great mom and your kids are LUCKY to have you! Eveyone goes through tough times with their kids, it is normal and you kids are too. I love you guys and can't wait to see you.

Orton Gang said...

hang in their Trace, sounds like you are not goign through as many dogs as us, that's good, That is why we have not pets now since the kids are gone. we are not good pet owners. You sound like sucha cute mom, so concerned,that is great. It was fun seeing you at church a few weeks ago, Your kids are so cute. watch out for your girl, she is a looker. I stopped byt your MoM and Dad's Easter Saturday and got to see Alan and Keri and their cute kiddos and Jasons girls were there. I am glad I sqw you before since you were not there. Love ya, Shell-Bell