Saturday, March 14, 2009

First time being a patient at the Dentist office!!!

So most of you know that I am a dental assistant for a Dr. in Randolph. Well, I have worked there for almost 10 years, and other then the usual cleaning and check ups I haven't been a patient in the chair. The other day I got my teeth x-rayed, cleaned and checked and they found 2 cavities. I was so sad. I have only had one other filling in my life, and I was young when I got it, so I don't remember getting it done. Thanks to my mom and her making me take fluoride when I was young, I have great teeth. So as you can imagine my friends that I work with at the office where so excited that they finally got to work on me. I don't know if it is worse to go into it knowing what is going to happen or not. I was a little nervous just because I have always been on the other end of it. My good friend Julia that works with me told me that I needed to get the N2O. (Laughing Gas) She absolutely thinks it is the best stuff in the world, so I took her advice. Wow!!! What a trip. I can't even imagine getting hooked on that stuff or anything else that makes you feel like that. I don't remember a thing that happened. They told me after I came to that I was "Out Of It." I guess they would try to talk to me and try to get me to answer and I wouldn't. They would have to turn it down and let me come back to the real world before I would answer. Julia took some pictures of me while I was in the chair, but I haven't gotten them from her yet. I bet they are pretty pictures. I can't even imagine. Anyway, I do recommend getting the laughing gas when you go to your next dentist appointment, especially if you want to just go to your own little world for a little while. I don't know if I liked it enough to get more cavities, so I guess I will keep brushing and I am going to FLOSS better. Hopefully my next cleaning visit I will be told what I am use to hearing. NO CAVITIES!!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

Jeff always gets that- I never have. I am like you only a few cavities over my whole life span.
We go in on the 24th as a family- wish us luck!

Anelisa said...

lol I've never had the laughing gas but I've heard its fun. I think I'd rather not have cavities than experience it though. I'm to the point in my life though that the few fillings I do have are starting to get thin and need to be replaced. That just sucks!!!!