Thursday, March 19, 2009

Wow, Raising kids is hard work!!!!

Why couldn't kids come with instruction manuals??? I know there are ups and downs everyday, but it seems like when there is a down it seems to stay a lot longer then wanted.

I remember the heart aches of growing up, but as much as I was effected by them I now know the effect it had on my Mom and Dad too. I remember those talks we would have and the concern they had for me and my brothers and sister. Sometimes I thought they were crazy, and didn't understand. My mom would see things and tell me and I would tell her "It is my life and my friends and everything is fine." When she could obviously see that I was hurting and it wasn't fine. I now look back and see the things that she saw that were in front of my face that I choose to ignore. I feel like I am doing that now with my kids.

Our pre-teen 11 year old Bailey has been faced with a lot of peer pressure that she hasn't made the best choices. We have had a lot of long talks and tried to explain to her how we see things. She is doing the same things that I use to do. Imagine that!!! In a few years she will be sitting at her computer writing the same things about her daughter and see where her dad and I are coming from. But until then we will just keep trying to help her make the best choices possible.

The heart ache doesn't stop there. Our 8 year old Tyus has had a hard time going to school the last few weeks. He always seems to have a tummy ache or a tooth ache or anything else that he can think of to ache so that he can try to get out of going to school. We have been working with the people we feel we need to to see if we can get to the bottom of the sudden change in him. I hope it gets better soon. It is so hard to see your kids pain!!!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I never thought I would appreciate my Mom to the depth that I do now. I find myself calling and apologizing to her all the time for things I did because my daughter will do something that will remind me. I have no idea what I will do when she is getting close to the teenage years!
You are in my thoughts- Blessings to you and your cute family.

Anelisa said...

Its hard to watch your kids make the wrong choices. I think it gets worse the older they get. I hope Bailey realizes how lucky she is to have parents like you who care enough to help her make the right choices.
I've wondered about Tyus since he had such a hard time in Primary a few weeks ago. He just wasn't himself that day. I'm so sorry he is having a rough time with things. If there is anything I can do to help him in Primary please let me know. He is such a cute kid and I don't like seeing him so sad.